- Certification through National Council of Certified Personal Trainers
- Certified Weight Management Specialist, NCCPT
- Certified Power Lifting Instructor, NCCPT
- AED and CPR Certified
- Bachelor of Arts, American Studies, Hamilton College
- Bachelor of Fine Arts, Metals, Tyler School of Art
1. What do you love most about RAW Training?
What I love most about RAW Training are the generous friendly people who walk through the front door on their journey’s to better themselves. Whether it is one person's first time walking through the front door, or another person's 500th time walking through the front door, they are there to challenge themselves and become better human beings. This common ground among members provides a supportive, successful, energetic atmosphere; one I love to be a part of.
2. Why is exercise and physical fitness so important to you?
My Dad passed away at an age I am approaching in part due to lack of exercise and proper health and I made a promise to myself that I would be accountable for my health in order to prevent such a devastating loss. I have a responsibility to my family to make exercise a priority.
3. What excites you the most when being a coach?
I love the moment when a client connects a cue to a movement pattern resulting in a successful and safe exercise. I also find motivating clients to be mentally and functionally prepared for any physical stress, inside or outside the gym, to be extraordinarily gratifying.
4. What motivates you to train the way you do?
What motivates me to train the way I do is my desire to turn back my clock and to be healthier than my parents’ generation. I am in better shape in my 50's than I was in my 20's and 30's.
5. How has exercise and fitness impacted your life?
I was raised with a strong work ethic and exercise and fitness allow me to continue to productively carry out my daily challenges mentally and physically.